Here it is, straight from the source – Google. At our most recent Google Partners Connect event, Google Evangelist Frederick Vallaeys shared the top ten ways to grow your business online. If you’re looking for a place to start with your website and online marketing efforts, this the perfect place to start. Google-approved and endorsed, this is how you begin your climb to the top.
10 Ways To Grow Your Business Online
1. Be found across Google. There are many moving parts to Google so it’s important that you connect directly with your customers, regardless of whether they’re looking for you on search or maps or in Gmail. Claim ownership over your business and by using Google My Business, which is where you’ll be able to update your Google+ page and respond to customer reviews.
2. Make it easy for customers to connect. 50% of people will visit a store within a day of searching for it on a smartphone. Mobile is becoming more and more popular so it’s more important than ever to make sure your site is designed for mobile. You can also show your customers what to expect when they visit your store or office location with a virtual tour (this has actually been very effective for us at Ontario SEO!). It’s important to consider what might be stopping the other 50% of people from visiting your store after viewing you online and seeing how it can be addressed.
3. Connect at the moments that matter with Adwords. Make sure your business shows up at the moment of relevance. Make sure you are using the right keywords so you can get found and use them to create ads. This is something that we can help you with at Ontario SEO.
4. Use ad extensions to standout from the competition. There are 12 extensions available in Adwords and they actually will give you a 30% boost in CTR – plus all of them are free! Another way to stand it by putting a face on your business with a video. Six billion hours of video are watched per month.
5. Manage your reviews. Google says that 70% of people trust online reviews posted by other consumers. Acknowledge and thank the good reviews and try to make the bad reviews right. (Link to my blog when published!) Even if people look at the negative review, the goal is to impress them with how you handle the situation.
6. Be found across the Internet. On other sites like news sites with display ads. There is a wide world of Adwords options and their sole goal is to help you get found when you need it most.
7. Advertise when you need it most. Thanks to Adwords Scripts, it’s easy to control what ads are being shown when. An example that Google gave us is the ice cream shop who uses a weather script. This ensures they are showing ice cream ads when it’s hot outside and showing ads for hot chocolate ads when it’s raining and cold outside.
8. Be found for product searches. If you are an ecommerce business this will apply to you. It is possible to use product ads to target customers with your products and provide them with an easy checkout from the moment they search for a certain item.
9. Reconnect with your prospects. Use Customer Match to match your customer email lists with similar customers. This is an easy way to expand your reach and make sure your ad dollars are working hard for you. We also suggest using remarketing to target customers after they visit your website and don’t buy anything. This gives customers a gentle reminder to return to your website and could even include an incentive to do so.
10. Manage your targets. Make sure your ad campaigns (regardless of whether they’re on Adwords or elsewhere) are measurable, accountable and flexible. Look at the data and stop, start, pause and test your campaign. Yes, this means there are a lot of numbers but you can really use them to your advantage.
What was the most important thing you took away from our Google Partners Connect presentation? Share what you liked best and let us know if you have any questions!