How Does Local SEO Benefit Your Business?
This very moment, people in your city could be searching online for a business just like yours. Will those customers find your business website or your competitors? Since most consumers now research local purchase decisions online, the answer to that question can make or break your company.
In order to rank well for local searches, it’s most important to understand how today’s consumers search online for businesses:
- When searchers actively look for a local business, they often use mobile devices. A potential customer could be home, at the office, or sitting inside their car. Today’s local search engine optimization must function on every kind of device desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, and soon other devices like smart appliances & wearables.
- Online searchers assume their mobile device knows their location and will pass it on to the search engine or app. For example, they may simply query for “nearby French restaurants” or “pediatric dentists” by using a phone or tablet. Other searchers might still type in “plumber in London Ontario” or something similar.
- While some searchers may still use text searches on phones, a great number have turned to voice queries with apps like Siri, Cortana, and Google Now. Voice search engines and the way that people structure voice queries are somewhat different than it is for text searches. To remain competitive, your website must align with both text & voice queries.
- Other searches may even return results on map apps, so potential customers can see exactly where your business is located or how to contact you. It’s important to ensure that your business is listed in the data sources for these kinds of displays. Furthermore, when customers find your business, your website must have the functionality so customers can contact you easily, directly from their device.
If you run a local business, you need to make certain that your company is very visible with customers who are searching online; in addition, you need your potential clients to find your website when they use a traditional search engine, popular local business search, map search, or voice search app. To remain competitive in today’s online market, you should make certain that your business website has been optimized for both your customers and search engines; this means your website must function on all the devices your clients are using.
How Do We Rank Your Business in Local Search?
We optimize your website for local search using our tested and ever-evolving process to make sure that customers can find you when they search online:
1. We analyze your business to identify the keywords and natural voice queries that potential customers are likely to use when they look for a company like yours.
2. We develop quality website content that incorporates critical keywords and valuable information. We also create landing pages to address specific search queries. Through well-developed content strategies, we ensure that both people and search engines understand your business: where you are located, what you offer, and when you offer it.
3. By staying current with search algorithm updates and changes in the online search environment. we refine the technical SEO of your website to make sure that people and search engine bots have an easy time navigating and understanding your web pages.
4. We make your website more visible online by acquiring links to your business website from other quality and relevant internet properties.
5. To make certain your website is visible wherever you customers are searching online, we claim, monitor, and update your Google My Business listing, as well as other relevant social media profiles.
6. We create listings and citations in relevant business directories that might relate to your location or your industry.
7. Using website analytics and other monitoring tools, we measure your website search rankings, visibility, and website performance. We constantly evaluate your website performance against your online business goals and use this information to adjust our digital marketing strategy using proven SEO tactics.
Google and other important search engines work to deliver high-quality and relevant results. We develop keyword-rich, quality content for your site. At the same time, we make sure that your website is as visible as possible to potential customers by adding valuable links and citations and improving the site’s local optimization.
When your business ranks well in local search, you benefit by making contact with more customers. Every business has different local search engine optimization needs and can benefit from greater visibility. Let us help you increase your revenue and online visibility by ranking better in local search. If you would like to discuss what a local Search Engine Optimization campaign can do for your business, contact us for a free consultation.