What is Paid Social Advertising?
Paid social, or social media advertising, involves paying to promote your content to users as they browse a social media network, such as Facebook or Instagram. If you have a business Facebook page, you might be familiar with the “boost” feature which increases the reach of your post for a small fee. If you’ve ever used this feature, you’ve only just scratched the surface of what is possible with paid social advertising!
What is Facebook Advertising?
Facebook is the largest social media network, with over 2.6 billion monthly active users worldwide. In 2012, Facebook acquired the Instagram platform which boasts another 1 billion monthly active users. Since then, advertising on Facebook and Instagram is managed under one “roof” – the Facebook Ads Manager platform.
With Facebook and Instagram advertising, you pay to show your ads to users as they browse these social networks. You can choose whether you want your ads to appear on Facebook, Instagram, or both. Each platform has a variety of placements where ads can show, including the newsfeed, stories, Messenger and Instagram’s Explore page (to name a few).
What are the Benefits of Facebook Advertising?
Facebook advertising is one of the most effective and cost-efficient ways to get your business in front of a large (or small) audience. Perhaps the main appeal of Facebook advertising is the ability to target specific audiences based on their demographics and interests.
Some examples of Facebook ads targeting criteria include:
- Location: by postal/ZIP code, city, country or radius
- Age: from 13 to 65+
- Interests: choose from a wide variety of activities, brands and other preferences
- Education: fields of study, schools or undergrad years
- Life Events: target based on a new job, new relationship, recently moved and more
- Parental Status: all parents, parents with adult children (18-24), new parents (0-12 months), etc.
- Devices & Behaviours: target by device (mobile or desktop), Internet browser, operating system and more
- Connections: target or exclude people who “like” your Facebook Page or have responded to your Facebook Event
- Custom Audiences: upload an e-mail list or create a retargeting audience with your past website visitors
Targeting criteria can be layered for more specificity, but the more specific you get, the lower your potential reach. Especially for products and services with mass appeal, larger audiences tend to produce better and more reliable results.
Besides its advanced targeting capabilities, Facebook advertising has plenty of other benefits, such as:
- Full control and customization of ad creative including headlines, ad text, media, and call-to-action buttons
- The ability to promote existing Facebook posts to a larger audience, attracting more likes, comments and shares for “social proof”
- Robust ad reporting with metrics such as impressions, reach, clicks, click-through rate (CTR), cost per click (CPC), purchases, return on ad spend (ROAS) and leads
- Advanced tracking capabilities to re-engage your website visitors and monitor the success of your campaigns using the Facebook pixel
- An A/B testing feature that helps you to determine with confidence what’s working the best, so you can focus your ad dollars where they have the most impact
By boosting your business’ visibility, Facebook advertising can improve the performance of other marketing tactics such as Google search advertising. Getting your brand in front of your target audience before they start searching for what you offer can prime them to choose your business when faced with other options.
Ontario SEO’s Facebook Advertising Services
Paid social is a key component of any successful and cost-effective digital marketing strategy. Our paid social team are experts in the Facebook Ads Manager platform where they develop high-impact ad campaigns with high-performing creative, backed by strategy and extensive experience.
Our Facebook advertising services include:
- Facebook Ads Creation (all formats)
- Facebook Video Advertising
- Remarketing on Facebook
- Facebook Conversion Tracking
Why Should I Choose Ontario SEO?
We’ve stood the test of time. The team at Ontario SEO have a proven track record of helping our clients use Facebook and Instagram ads to take their business to the next level.
Cookie-cutter doesn’t cut it. We understand that every business is unique, so we craft a custom Facebook advertising strategy that suits your audience, your goals and your budget.
Trust our expertise. The tiniest of mistakes in the Facebook ads platform can shutter the performance of your campaigns and put your valuable ad dollars to waste. We know the ins and outs of the platform, so we know how to get it right the first time.
Facebook advertising is a great way to boost your online presence, but only if it’s done properly. If you would like more information about paid social media and Facebook advertising, please contact us today! We would love to show you how to generate a great return on your investment with a comprehensive Facebook advertising strategy.